For two full centuries, these containers have helped bring sustenance and convenience to millions. But the time has come to say goodbye to the archaic tin can and glass jar of the past, and hello to the flexible retort pouch of the future.
Food and Drink Packaging: Redefined For a New Age
Made of multiple layers of Flexible Films (PET/FOIL/NYLON/CPP), a retort pouch is a revolutionary way to hold and dispense both food and drink products. To illustrate, here are some examples of items that are perfect for such packaging:
- Full dinners
- Baby Food
These items represent only a fraction of the products perfect for these pouches. The list truly goes on and on. This versatility is one reason they are gaining steam in the marketplace.
More Advantages Than You Can Shake a Can Opener At
Retort pouches not only offer a wide array of products that can benefit from such packaging, the advantages beat out current tin cans in almost every way. Here are a few examples:
- So Long, Can Opener: Each pouch can be opened by hand. No more searching for that elusive can opener when you’re hungry.
- More Product, Less Shelf Space: Grocery stores only carry a fraction of the number of products available on the market. Retort pouches improve the odds of your product appearing on more shelves due to the smaller amount of needed shelf space.
- Save on Transport Costs: Since they take up less room and weigh less than tin cans, more pouches can be shipped together, which saves on fuel and other transport costs.
- Self-Sustaining: No need to refrigerate before opening due to the laminate of which they are constructed. Products stay fresh and shelf stable.
- Damage Resistant: Pouches will not dent or break in transit or if dropped on the floor. You could literally throw them against a wall and the film would protect its contents.
- Microwavable: These convenient retort packages can be made with nylon instead of foil, allowing the consumer to cook right in the pouch.
- More “Appetizing” Package: Due to their bold look, these pouches stand out on store shelves. In fact, they are hard to miss when mixed in with their tin can counterparts. This translates to better sales and happier consumers.
Don’t feel too bad for tin cans and glass jars. They had a good run. But as it is, all good things must come to an end. And when it comes to food and drink packaging, you just can’t beat retort pouches.
For further information, let one of our Packaging Experts assist you!