Polymer Packaging introduces EZ-Stand, a new technology to produce stand-up pouches on existing vertical form/fill/seal machines.
With EZ-Stand, you can produce a bottom-gusset stand-up pouch on your existing equipment with only minor modifications to the sealing jaws. We pre-apply the bottom gusset to your printed film web to form a conventional style stand-up pouch on your existing equipment.
Today’s shoppers prefer flexible, stand-up pouches to traditional, rigid packaging. As a leading supplier of flexible packaging solutions, Polymer Packaging offers numerous stand-up pouch options including shaped pouches, spouted pouches, liquid pouches, box pouches, re-closable pouches and many more.
Why Use EZ-Stand?
- Quick to market (in as little as 8 weeks)
- Minimal capital investment
- Better filling speeds than pre-made pouch filling lines
- Nearly any VFFS machine can be adapted to run EZ-Stand
- Requires minor modifications to the VFFS sealing jaws
- We will coordinate the necessary modifications to your equipment
- Fits face widths from 4”-14” and 3”-7” open bottom gusset
CONSUMERS Prefer Stand-Up Pouches
- Added functionality of zipper or pour spout
- Appeals to millennials
- Easier to open than glass jars or pillow bags
- Safer to open than cans or glass jars
- Product visibility (clear windows)
- Higher perceived value
PROCESSORS Prefer Stand-Up Pouches
- Reduced transportation costs
- Takes up less space in warehouses
- Less damage
- Greater cubic fill vs. pillow bag
- Lighter weight for e-commerce